It is difficult to lose someone you care about, perhaps even more so when it is by suicide. Here are a few useful sites with information you can use right away:
- Suicide Loss Survivors page at the American Association of Suicidology, a professional organization that focuses on suicide.
- Coping with Suicide Loss at the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, a nonprofit for education and research related to suicide.
- Coping with Loss (by suicide) at Suicide Awareness / Voices of Education, a nonprofit focused on suicide prevention
- Help for Loss Survivors at the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Personal Grief Coaching resources, reading, and possible individualized support after a traumatic loss, particularly to suicide
- Resources after a suicide from the Suicide Prevention Resource Center library